I feel like a horrible mother for saying this but some days the whining and constant contact with my children drives me crazy enough to pull my hair out.
I know let me hear the it is just a stage or remember they're only this little for so long. But in all honesty some days I wish they'd grow and take care of themselves.
Why can't they come out that way?
I will share a few snippets of my last weekend as a prime example.
Saturday we went to Sioux City to watch Dad play softball all day. The tornado like winds meant I had to hold my daughter almost the entire time. To make matters worst I was sitting on the ground - talk about a pain in the - well you know. At lunch I thought I would sneak a quick break from feeling like a kangaroo. But she has this thing where she is attached to me. Doesn't want to sit with anyone else if I am in sight. Not even her own Dad. It drives me crazy. So I got a short break to go to the car and pump (hardly a break by the way I burn calories doing that!) and then when I got back it was back to holding her again because she saw me.
On to the whining... when does this stage end?? My son just turned 3, and I think he came out whining from what I can remember. I try very hard not to give into whining but when you're on your last nerve you just do. At Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday, he was whining about everything under the sun. Granted he was a bit overdue for a nap and had been in the wind all day so that didn't help, but I could hardly stand it. Especially when he was in the car doing some loud whining.
Small spaces and whining do not get along well.
Then Sunday rolled around and we went to church had to hold the daughter once again and sit with an absolutely NAUGHTY son. Here's the kicker -- I had children's chat. Literally had to take my son out of the sanctuary the 10 seconds before it because he was throwing a fit over something I don't even remember now!
I love my children. I really do. But some days I feel like these stages will never end. I know I am not the only one out there that feels this way.
Thanks for the vent fellow kangaroos.
No comments:
Post a Comment