Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I said a Hip Hop a Hippy to the Hoppy

Now that the chaos that was Easter is over, I should probably share my Easter fails with you all.

I remember loving Easter as a kid. The hunt for all the eggs, the baskets beautifully placed on the counter or kitchen table waiting for us in the morning from the Easter Bunny, the excitement of a pretty new dress and matching hat (remember when that was the thing was a hat every year?!), special breakfast, a HUGE lunch with lots of cousins and playing with brand new sidewalk chalk (I can taste the smell of it right now!).

Now that I am playing the bunny, things are a bit different when it comes to Easter. And no, I am not a glammed up bunny that wears next to nothing with a fluffy ball on my butt. Oh no, this bunny is slapping on the eyeliner, getting her boobs stuffed into the only floral dress that she owns (which was from her bridal shower by the way) and then searching for shoes that please dear God I don’t break an ankle in as I am walking into church. 

This bunny is running to the store to find the perfect basket items on Friday afternoon. Searching Pinterest for the best Easter desserts to bring to the family gathering was super easy. But as you can expect from this imperfect mom, the beautiful Oreo truffle eggs that I found to look quite easy turned out more like Oreo truffle blobs… still tasted great though! What do I care right? I don’t. 

Oh yea and then there was the attempt at breakfast with my little family. I saw a real cute pin with scrambled eggs and the person made it look like a bunny. So naturally I though hey, I could do that right?! Epic fail. I scrambled up some eggs for all of us and added some cheese (because who doesn’t like cheese on their scrambled eggs?). Put it in a little circle on the plates. Then looked in the fridge. Okay cut one cherry tomato in half for the eyes, shaved off six strips of carrot for the whiskers and then used those carrot sticks for the ears. Oh yea and then the nose… oh let’s just cut a triangle out of a carrot stick. Yep perfect. Hayden will love it right?!

Not a chance. “What is that stuff?” “I don’t like carrots with my eggs” “That does not look like a bunny.” “I am going to punch you in the face for this.” Oh wait he didn’t say that but that is what I was feeling like. I went back over to the table, picked off all the carrots, carrot shavings that I so carefully placed into the eggs and tomatoes and without saying a word just threw them in the garbage. Handed my husband his bunny eggs and he laughed at me and shook his head. 

Again, epic fail.


The rest of the day went okay. Kids were in pretty clothes for a while, we had a beautiful day for it, and I got to drink some wine. (Mother of the year.)

It’s probably good that the kids won’t remember any of this. I will get better at this whole Easter thing next year. I have a whole year to get ready right? 

Oh here are the cute bunnies at one of our Easter parties. My kids look like angels. Don't let them fool you :)

All the silly bunnies including my two littlest bunnies on the right.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment